What To Do in Case of Fire
It’s also important that you have a clear idea what to do in case a fire does occur.
- Know your company’s emergency procedures and your role in them.
- Sound the alarm so the building occupants can escape.
- Proceed to the designated assembly area outside the building.
- If you are trained to do so, you might be able to fight a small fire with a portable extinguisher. Choose the right extinguisher for the type of fire, and keep a clear escape route.
- As you leave, shut down machinery or process equipment according to your company’s emergency plan.
- Take fire drills seriously. They are organized to save lives and property in case of the real thing.